Every now & then I let things get to me. Circumstances & events - past & future - collect together into a looming pile of sad. I know from past experience that if I do not tackle these stressors head on with a more positive attitude that the piles will tumble & overwhelm me.
Such has been the case of late. Do you have a job you love to hate & hate to love? Or perhaps balancing school & a life engulfs you in stress? For me I tend to pile things up (what can I say - I'm a collector) until the piles become mountains & I can't see clear across them anymore. But the older I get the more capable I become at handling stress-mess.
I like to de-stress a couple of ways :
- Going out to eat (no cooking + no dishes = less stress, right?)
- Reading a book (I honestly don't do this enough, & escaping to someone else's reality can be good for the body & brain)
- Spur-of-the-moment date night
- Taking a bike ride
- Spending moments alone (mostly to come face-to-face with my stress & get real with it)
- Cleaning the house top to bottom
- Having a conversation with someone I haven't seen in a while
- Doing my nails (looking pretty makes a person feel pretty!)
- Naps (sometimes you have to throw in the towel & just sleep it off)
What about you guys? What are some of the ways you deal with stress?
Related // De-stress by watching a sunrise.