|For more photos, subscribe to my Instagram|
October is a busy month: Book Month, National Co-Op month, Vegetarian Awareness month... plus Halloween (duh). October is best known for being Breast Cancer Awareness month. My hometown is currently being painted pink in honor of all the strong women who are fighting this cancer. It's inspiring to see a town come together for a cure. Today's links are all about awareness.
// Top Links of the Week //
- Fabulous Swimsuits for Breast Cancer Survivors // These suits are made for strong women with only one breast, & let me tell you what: they are phenomenal.
- "Cancer is an *sshole" card by JulieAnnArt // Send this message to a survivor to express your true feelings about breast cancer.
- "Check Yourself" with Paula Abdul // Paula shows us how to do a self breast exam. It's a good message but the video is a little awkward... & handsy.
- Beth Whaanga's Powerful Breast Cancer Photos // Warning: these photos are the real-real.
- Tig Notaro's Stand-Up on Conan // I love Tig Notaro. Not only because she's a powerful female comedian & a lesbian, but also because of her strength in overcoming her own struggles with breast cancer through the use of comedy. We saw her perform live last year, & I have never laughed so hard in my life.
- 10 Breast Cancer Fundraisers That Work // Let's run for a cure.
Have a good weekend, gang. Give yourself a breast exam!
Related // If you're looking for more pink, learn how to make this pink crocheted blanket.