|Follow @wecanmakeanything for more photos|
It's that time of year again - time to pull out your knives, cover your porches in newspaper, & hack it out with a squash. Last year our schedule's got crazy right before Halloween & we didn't have time to carve any pumpkins. Not being one to give up so easily, I made everyone carve pumpkins in the middle of November just so we wouldn't miss out on this autumn tradition (pictured above, & yes, that is Sailor Moon brandishing my gourd). It was seriously cold, but thanks to some hot apple cider & good company, it was a successful seasonal experience. In looking for links this week, I discovered dozens of different ways to decorate pumpkins, including some new techniques to the traditional carve. Now I just need to head on over to the pumpkin patch & pick out a pretty squash.
- 5 Pumpkin Carving Tips // Most important tip: buy an extra pumpkin for extra parts!
- String Art Pumpkin // Put those summer camp crafting skills to good use this autumn.
- Make a Pumpkin Family // The darned cutest pumpkin family at that.
- Halloween Diorama // Take pumpkin carving to the extreme by turing your gourd into a graveyard.
- Tiny Message Pumpkins // You guys know by now how much I love anything with the word "tiny" in it.
- Mod Painted Pumpkins // As much as I enjoy putting my fist into a gooey, stringy squash to pull the seedy insides out, I'm loving the painted-pumpkin trend.
- How to Carve a Pumpkin // More tips, including drilling & using a cookie cutter (ingenious)!
Related // Put a pumpkin on your phone with these Halloween wallpapers.