|For more photos, visit the Instagram @wecanmakeanything|
Wow, there is a lot going on in October. Is it just me or is there an event to go to every weekend this month? We've got a packed weekend planned with family visits & a nephew sleepover. Should be
It's Vegetarian Awareness Month! I've been a vegetarian for a long while now, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my diet. Here are some helpful, vegetarian-friendly links.
- Thirty Days, Thirty Reasons, Thirty Ways // Did you know vegetarians are 40% less likely to develop cancer?
- Oh My Veggies // A blog-land of veggie wonder. I particularly like the 4-Ways section, which is riddled with variety to keep your diet fresh.
- Post Punk Kitchen // If Vegetarian were a person, Vegan would be Vegetarian's rebellious little brother. PPK makes cooking hardcore.
- Food in Jars // While this site is not necessarily vegetarian, this is one of my favorite food blogs. It's the perfect combo: mason jars with delicious in them!
- Moosewood Restaurant & Recipes // A nod to the greats - Moosewood was created in 1973 & has been providing quality vegetarian dishes & recipes through their restaurant & many cookbooks. Their recipes are wholesome & hearty.
- Eating Animals // If you're looking for more reasons to become a vegetarian, I would recommend reading Jonathan Safran Foer's book Eating Animals, which takes a good hard look at the pros & cons of the vegetarian lifestyle.
- Thankful for Tofurkey Hand-Stamped Spoon // Just in time for Thanksgiving. Two, please.
// This is not a sponsored post, Amazon is an affiliate sponsor of WeCanMakeAnything //