|Follow @wecanmakeanything on Instagram|
My vacation trickled off into the better part of this week, & I was sad to see it go. I think a break is just what I needed - time to reset, reevaluate, & relax. My mindset of late has been all Christmas. What I need to do, what I need to buy, who I need to get gifts for... I have really put Thanksgiving on the back burner this year. Fortunately I still have two weeks to get my mind (& stomach) ready.
I've never been a huge fan of Thanksgiving. As a vegetarian, the jokes about how gross tofurkey is get old fast. As a liberal, I think the origins of the holiday are a bit weird to celebrate. & as a crafter/crazy person - get out of the way, Thanksgiving! GIVE ME CHRISTMAS. However, some of the traditions are really lovely. It's good to be reminded of all we have to be thankful for. There's something warm & friendly about the hours of cooking & baking that go into it. Getting together with family can be enriching. Plus there's pie, so ...
Top links this week are all about Thanksgiving, but I can't even think about food yet. I think I need to go on a juice cleanse or something first.
- Notes of Thankfulness Printable // How adorable, & frankly, good all year round.
- Mini Pumpkin Succulent Centerpieces // Cute & mod.
- ... Sarah Hale: Feminist, Bane of Presidents & Turkeys // Hooray Hale! Without you, November 27th would be just another day.
- 19 Horrifying Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas // Yumm-o.
- Thanksgiving TV Episodes // For when you want to feel festive, but don't want to watch a whole movie.
- DIY Glitter Feather Garland // What holiday doesn't need glitter?
- 12 Weird Thanksgiving Facts // Study up.
Related // Get ready for holiday baking by making some homemade vanilla extract.