I spend a lot of time dreaming. I talked about this last week too, how I think about the future. For a long time now I've been dreaming of the day I get to quit my job & move away, but now that it's all really happening it seems surreal. Yesterday I clocked out of work for the very last time. It was bittersweet - I'm thrilled to start a new chapter in my life but also sad to see the last one go. I've lived in Florida for 11 years. Everyone I know is here, & I'm about to move to a place where I know no one. We have one week left until the big moving day & there's so much to do. Today, however, I'm choosing not thinking about the future. Today is about celebrating the present, about celebrating a chapter in my life. Tonight I'm going to surround myself with good friends, good drinks, & good times.
Off to the links!
This weeks links:
- NPR asks millennials to do what they do best - take selfies
- Planning & dreaming about our new space - this article has me thinking about how to decorate the bedroom
- A woman singing to her pig really brought out the ugly crying in me
- This video is crazy-interesting: ideal body types throughout history (so glad we're done with "heroin-chic")
- For fans of Bob's Burgers, get ready - there's a cookbook coming soon
- Last minute Mother's Day gift ideas!
- This video illustrates what fashion sounds like... sort of
- How to deal with the negative thoughts you have in your mind
Related // Happy early Mother's Day to all you moms out there! For those scrambling for gift ideas, here's a few of mine.