It's been four months now since I moved to Minnesota. I feel like I've settled in here. I know how to get from point A to point B without looking at a map. I've got a favorite grocery store, & they have my order memorized at the coffee shop around the corner. It's starting to feel a lot like home here. The only thing that's missing is an active social life. This weekend I'll be researching social groups & local meet-ups. Hopefully I'll stumble across some fellow crafters & DIYers. What about you? How do you make friends as an adult?
This week's links:
- Yeah, it's time to start wearing layers, but let's focus on eating more layers
- I thought I was getting fancy by packing chickpea salad sandwiches for lunch - my brother's lunch game is on a whole 'nother lever
- Scotty the wallaby is the cutest thing on Facebook right now
- Let's all move to Sweden where they're shifting to a six (!) hour workday, & they're healthier because of it
- Oh look, the internet has the answer to everything: how to make friends in Minnesota!
- Apparently you can make a latte sans espresso machine!