Winter is here for sure. It's windy all the time now. Patches of ice have turned my morning walk to work into an obstacle course of sorts. The trees are mostly gray & naked - a few with crumpled brown leaves fiercely hanging on. The air is thinner now, making all kinds of scents & smells come alive, which has the dog in a tizzy every time she goes for a walk. My hands don't warm up unless I'm doing the dishes. And hot cocoa has been on the after-dinner menu almost every night. As I'm writing, there are big, soft snowflakes falling outside, hopefully to stay until Christmas. It's feeling very merry & bright around here.
This week's links:
- I am in love with this beautiful purse tutorial
- Oh & also this ombre-stained clock
- Listen to this fabulous 90s R&B version of the Powerpuff Girls theme song
- As a new Minnesotan, I'm freaking about getting prepared for the long, cold winter
- All the sweet-faced dogs who found forever-homes in 2015
- The sweetest present-wrapping
- A millennial's take on Christmas carols
P.S. If you're looking for a last-minute gift idea, make this easy knitted cap to keep your loved ones all warm & toasty!