Hello, Friday folks! You all know how much I love sewing projects, so I was excited to discover that September is National Sewing Month. Sewing has always held a special place in my heart - it's something that I learned as a youngster, & a tool that my entire family has utilized (yes, even my father & brothers know how to sew - it's a super useful skill!).
Here are some sewing links for your end of the week enjoyment.
// Top Links of the Week //
- Peppermint Mag Sewing School // The Peppermint Mag brings sewing school to the web. They provide a sweet collection of unique & fashionable patterns, all of which are available for free download. I'm eyeing these shorts in particular.
- McCall's 6861 // Who doesn't love a good vintage pattern? This whole website cracks me up. This beauty of a bathing suit from 1963 calls for elastic around the legs & zipper straight up the back. Paired with a modest drawstring smock, this project is perfect for a sunny day at the beach (P.S. Have you ever tried making your own bathing suit? It is much harder than it looks, & can go horribly wrong so very quickly.)
- 31 Insane Fabrics You Can Actually Buy // Gosh, I had no idea I needed donut-printed fabric until now. Think of the possibilities.
- How to Print, Assemble, & Trace PDF Sewing Patterns // So you've found an awesome pattern online, & you're ready to print it out & get started with your sewing. BUT IT ALWAYS PRINTS OUT SO WONKY. We've all been there. Craftsy gives a simple step-by-step guide on how to print your patterns correctly every time.
- Making Your Own Pattern // Do you have an article of clothing that fits so well you want 30 different versions of it so you can wear one for every day of the month? Make a pattern! Sweet Verbena gives easy directions of how to create your own pattern with brown paper & sharpies.
- Dusting Off the Sewing Machine // There's no question that the handmade is back. Read for a look into the reasons why these individuals have begun making their own clothes rather than buying them.
- 10 Cutest Sewing Machines on the Market // &&& the Hello Kitty sewing machine is the start of my Christmas wish list.
Happy Sewing Month, everyone!